View count: 10937
Master Program in Financial Technology
|Program||Master Program in Financial Technology|
|About the Program||
Master Program in Financial Technology (MFT) is a degree program newly established by College of Management, CCU. The objective of this program is cultivating students with the ability of developing the application of information technology on the financial service industry. The program unprecedentedly offers a number of highly innovative courses, including Fintech Market and Service, Business Model, Decision Analysis and Innovation. Students equipped with either finance or IT background are welcome to apply this program. The program enables students to differentiate themselves from traditional financial service industry by adding most innovative cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills.
Curriculum plan and requirements
1. Required credits for graduation:42 credits.
2. Required Courses:12 Credits, Intro to Fintech (3), Fintech: Markets & Services (3),
Fintech Business Model and Innovation (3), Fintech: Project (3).
3. Elective Courses: 30 Credits.
1. The first cross-disciplinary master program integrating Finance and Information Technology in Taiwan’s National Universities.
2. Strong Recourses and Facilities: FinTech Sandbox Lab, Digital classroom, experimental sites.
3. Featured Courses: FinTech Market and Service, Business Model Innovation, Fintech Application and Practice, Decision Analysis, ReguTech, Sustainable Fintech, Fintech Blockchain Application, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data Application.
4. Industry-academia cooperation: internship opportunities.
Most teachers have prestigious school degree from Europe and US in Finance and IT Engineering. Currently, the program has over 15 full-time teachers. Most of them have Fintech teaching, research and practical experience. Many teachers also collaborate with financial service and IT industry, and and startups.
|Scholarships||There are many opportunities of scholarships, research/teaching assistantships from either college or university (see website for details). Students can submit their applications with a reference letter from academic advisor. The upper limit of subsidy period for master students is two years (four semesters).
Several recent surveys have revealed that, Fintech professionals became highly valuable in the financial service industry. In the new 2021 recruiting plan, financial institutions in Taiwan, like Fubon Bank, Cathay Financial Holdings, CTBC Financial Holding Co., Ltd. have shown the great demand for Fintech professionals. The fast-growing demand for FinTech professionals is certainly not only in Taiwan but wordwide.
Name: Roa-Chih Wang
Study may be taken through on-line courses depending on the impact of Pandemic Coronavirus. See the decision of the University COVID-19 controlling office.
|Accommodation||The Scholarship Award is adjusted according to the college regulations and the provisions for the University Scholarship Awards of each college and the annual scholarship budget of the University. The items are as follows:
(1) Partial or total exemption of tuition and credit fees.
(2) Partial or total exemption of miscellaneous fees.
(3) Exemption from on-campus accommodation fees. Students who have withdrawn from
the dormitory voluntarily, shall not be compensated by any amount.
(4) Living stipend.
|Fees and costs||
For international students, fees and costs include:
1. Partial or full exemption of tuition and credit fees.
2. Partial or total exemption of miscellaneous fees.
3. Exemption from on-campus accommodation fees. However, students withdrawn from
the dormitory voluntarily will not be compensated by any amount.
4. Living stipend.The Scholarship Award may be adjusted according to the college regulations and the provisions for the University Scholarship Awards of each college and the annual scholarship budget of the University.
|How to apply?||
The Office of International Affairs will be in charge of the admission application, see the following link for more information (https://oia.ccu.edu.tw/students.php). Please follow the master program admission guidance of National Chung Cheng University.